View Stromag Marine Market Application Profiles
- - Tugboat Pump Periflex® VN Couplings
- - Roll-On/Roll-Off Vessel KMS Clutch
- - Pod Thruster KMB Brakes
- - Dredging System Periflex® CR Shaft Coupling
- - Tugboat Winch Vector® Coupling
- - Catamaran Ferry Vector® Couplings & Composite Shaft
- - Boone Marine TRI Coupling
Download Literature PDFs
- P-8663-SG 2-in-1 Clutch/Coupling Combinations
- P-8363-SG Vector® Couplings
- P-8462-SG Periflex® VN Disc Couplings
- P-8463-SG TRI-R Flexible Ring Couplings
- P-8319-SG KMS...THC Hydraulic Multi-Disc Clutches
- P-8320-SG TRI-R Couplings
- P-8468-SG Flexible Couplings for Cardan Shafts
- P-8315-SG Clutches and Brakes for Energy Efficient Drives with High Standards
- +49 (0) 2303 102 0
Stromag - SIME Brakes
- +33 (0)1 49 90 32 20
- [email protected]
We're committed to the Marine Market
Since our founding in 1932, Stromag has grown to become a globally recognized leader in the development and manufacture of innovative power transmission components for industrial drivetrain applications.
For the marine market, we offer a variety of flexible couplings, steel and composite drive line shafts and a complete line of electric, hydraulic and pneumatic clutches utilized on all types of propulsion drivetrains and below-deck equipment installed on a wide variety of vessels.
We also provide disc brakes, limit switches, and an array of hydraulically, pneumatically, and electrically actuated brakes that are installed on deck-mounted equipment, including all types of winches and cranes. Nearly all Stromag products suitable for the marine market are ABS, GL, LRS, DNV, BV and RR certified.
Marine Application Expertise
Our key to success lies in our high level of marine application engineering know-how. We have a deep understanding of the technical aspects of marine end user applications allowing us to design our components to meet their requirements. This results in the ability to optimally adapt brake, clutch and coupling systems to the customer’s requirements in close consultation. VOC is key for us and based on our modular standards we build the right solution.
Our engineers utilize the latest design technologies and materials to provide creative, energy-efficient marine power transmission solutions for the most challenging applications. Many major marine drive OEMs around the world have come to rely on our innovative, reliable and cost-effective components.
Featured Products for the Marine market
Stromag PVN, Vector® and TRI-R couplings are popular choices for marine propulsion drivetrains. Highly flexible rubber TRI-R couplings with linear spring characteristics, are especially suitable for diesel engine and elastically mounted drives. The series covers the torque range from 1150 Nm to 63,000 Nm. The external connection dimensions for couplings up to 16,000 Nm correspond to the standard flywheel connections to SAE standard J620. The larger couplings are mainly designed with metric flywheel connections.
Stromag’s KMS, KMS_CC and KMS...THC clutches are often utilized in marine applications. The KMS_CC standard torque range runs from 11.200 - 315.000 Nm with 35% longer shaft diameter possible. We realize weight reduction by up to 10%. Due to a very compact design of the piston unit, it is possible to slide the outer body of the clutch over both sides for easy installation.
- Flexibility to meet customer requirements
- Innovative combination solution
- Optimum utilization of available space
- Power sharing by engaging/disengaging various drives
- Easy starting, drives engaged with only the engine running
- Integral flexible coupling
- Shock absorbing, ideal for systems subject to torsional vibrations
- Competitive price: calculation, design and slection
Pneumatic: Cone clutch with flexible coupling Series GSF/TSF
Electric: Pole-face friction clutch with flexible coupling Series MWU-Periflex®V
Hydraulic: Multi-disc clutch with flexible coupling Series KHA/Periflex®VN - KHR/Periflex®VN
We offer a variety of traditional steel shafting solutions along with weight-reduction carbon fiber shafts. We routinely assemble steel and cardan shafts in combination with flexible couplings for damping and compensation of misalignments. These pre-assembled shaft/coupling combinations allow for faster and easier customer assembly and installation. Carbon fiber shaft solutions help to reduce power train weight.